Thursday, August 13, 2015

Red lips & summer bliss

What is it about summertime that makes you wanna wear a red lip like every. dang. day? A heightened since of patriotism? Sure. The other day as I was dreaming about fall again I thought wait, isn't it August? There's almost no time left to rock that summer wardrobe!! (I mean duh, you would think these realizations would come at the same time in my brain, but they don't). Panic and cold sweats ensued as I held every piece of summer clothing I own and cried. Hashtag liveinthemoment. Oh the drama, I'm rolling my eyes at myself. 

I love a good red lip (make up hack on that below) with some winged liner. But I hate winged liner. HATE. IT. Listen, I'm not all for the perfect make up looks that are seen all over Pinterest and in YouTube tutorials. I LOVE watching them, and they're awesome for ideas. But, in the light of day when that messy eyeliner is in your terrified, shaky hand, and your toddler is yanking on your leg and screaming, they're usually unattainable. For me at least. If you can do a perfect winged liner than you'd better be wearing it ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Because otherwise that is straight up wasted talent, my friend. 

I can't even give you make up tips or awesome products to use on winged liner, because I feel like I'd be lying if I said I loved any of them. They're all a means to an end. None of them have changed my life yet. So by golly if you have the key to the winged liner mysteries, then do share. (Yeah, BY GOLLY).

Moving on.

Here is my recipe for red lip summertime happiness:
&

You will miss wedges come winter, so give them a proper send off.


I scoured the internet last night looking for the identical clothes I wore in this look, but the internet failed me. It failed me. Similar options are listed above.


This chunky necklace is sold out online. But I've seen it recently at Forever 21 in stores, so you might just get lucky if you're more of a shop in person kind of gal.


Boyfriend jeans were purchased at Gap Outlet because I'm cheap like that, so again if you have an Outlet mall near you go check it out! 
Wedges were purchased last year at Target. They're a knock off of these J. Crew babies.


I promised you a make up trick, so a make up trick you shall have:

If you have very pronounced edges on your lips you might have issues over-lining them, like me. Using a white liner instead of a liner the same color as your lipstick can help to cancel out these lines and actually make your lips look naturally bigger.


Step one: with your trusty white (or nude) liner, outline the top of your lip and drag down only in the center, (this will help give your lips added dimension).


Step 2: repeat on the bottom lip.


Step 3: Apply lipstick, make sure to cover all the white liner you laid down. It will feel like you're putting lipstick on your chin, but just trust me. 


I used a NYX soft matte lip cream in Morocco. I love these bad boys, but fyi, they are NOT liquid lipsticks and they will come off when you live life...


Finished product. If it looks like this shape is my natural lip shape: it's not. And that means sweet success! 
 Final step: refuse kisses from your husband, or don't, and then DON'T tell him he's wearing red lipstick the rest of the day.


That's all she wrote! If you try out this make up hack I WANNA SEE! Use hashtag #mrsmormonmommy.

And don't forget to follow me on instagram! Also @mrsmormonmommy.

Have fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment