Monday, August 17, 2015

No makeup

This may be surprising to hear from someone as makeup obsessed as me, but to me a "no makeup" makeup look usually means no makeup. Like none. I think it's important to give your skin a break, and what I really mean by that is I get super lazy and have days where I frequently don't want to put forth any effort whatsoever. But we'll go with the skin thing because it sounds better.

I'm usually an all or nothing kind of gal. Sometimes I get out my neatly organized makeup bag and think I'll just use like 2 products today, just some mascara and concealer... Then 10 minutes later I realize I have a full face of makeup on with a pretty intense smokey eye and some false lashes & I'm like whaaa? Seriously, I become possessed and just can't stop. But that's because I enjoy putting make up on once it's already out. After I get off my butt I'm like it's here, I'm here, why not? I tell my husband quite frequently that I will feel like I've made it in life when I can sit down to do my makeup. So give yourself a pat on the back if you've already passed this hurdle. Some of us are not so blessed.

So today it's no makeup,



Smiling requires effort, apparently.


Old Navy has been failing me online lately. I'm not happy about it. I purchased this top last week in stores, it wasn't clearance but for some reason I can't find it anywhere online. Anyway, the top linked above is actually from Cotton On, which I looooove. I have like 3 flannels from Cotton On and to be honest they are much softer and higher quality for about the same price.


That's it. No makeup today. Embrace your inner beauty.
And your inner lazy.



2 comments: