Monday, August 10, 2015

Bell bottoms

Four words almost gave me an anxiety attack this month:
Bell
bottoms
are
back
Ew. What?! And not to mention this is because "skinny jeans are out", another four words that can easily break a girl's heart. But listen, don't give up on your skinnies yet, I can't imagine fall and winter without them, and WHO is this fashion god that decides what jeans are best anyway, huh? WHO?! They don't know me! So screw 'em.

That being (dramatically) said, I found myself in H&M this past week. And as I perused like a kid in a candy shop (shirts for a dollar? A DOLLAR?! *heart beats faster*) I saw them. These horrific bell bottom jeans stared me down from across the store. I looked to the left, then to right, then back at the jeans. Are you looking at me? I asked them. They nodded. I must have been possessed as I slowly walked toward them, careful not to spook them. I looked around in fear as I slowly reached for them, scared that someone would see me and find me guilty by association. They have braided pockets, I just can't do this, it's so wrong... I thought as my eyes got wide. But something inside me snatched them quickly off the rack and bolted to the dressing room. 

I'm allowed to have my reservations, okay? The last time I wore bell bottoms was at a middle school dance I believe. Complete with some flowery hippy shirt and thick brown head band (that I still use when I wash my face...) But I'm glad I gave them a chance. I love my skinnies, but it's time for something new. 

But I WILL NOT do a flowery shirt. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!


I don't think I've had fat ankles yet in my life, but I could have them under these jeans and no one would know. And that, my friends, is strangely liberating.

Flow-y shirt: check.
 Flower free: check check.

Find it here:
 Groovy, man. Groovy.


2 comments:

  1. Laughing out loud!!! Hilarious and very groovy! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, love this! Crazy! I can. Not. Believe they're back!!

    ReplyDelete